As schools get back into swing, we are excited to gear up for AWANA this year at Bethany Baptist! There will be several changes to our program in light of the pandemic in order to do our utmost to ensure the safety of our volunteers as well as your children and your families. We have put a lot of thought, prayer, and conversation into these decisions and want all of you to know how seriously we take the health of those under our care.
Due to some of the changes we have made to our schedule AWANA will now run from 6 PM - 7 PM each Sunday night and all pick up and drop off will take place outdoors.
We do not plan at this time on dramatically altering our program beyond safety procedures. Games, awards, stories, memorization, and snacks will all still be a part of our program; we will just do them in the way we have deemed best to keep everyone safe.
We know that this is a complicated time for all of us, especially those with young children, but we will strive to do our best to continue to present, demonstrate, and reinforce the simple truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the love He has for all of His children this year in AWANA.
- Each child is to be dropped off at the office entrance at the back of the building, and will have his or her temperature checked before entering the building. Any child with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter the building that week.
- There will not be an opening or closing ceremony. Instead children will proceed directly to their classrooms (with guidance if necessary) and proceed with handbook time. At the end of the night, a volunteer will be outside and will contact the appropriate teachers as each family arrives. Parents doing pickups will be asked to inform the volunteer that they are present and then wait in their cars for their children to be sent out. This is to prevent congregating in hallways and other common areas by adults and children who are accompanying them.
- Masks will be required for staff and volunteers and strongly encouraged but not required for children. If there is a positive COVID test in our club, any child who shares a classroom with the person who tested positive will be asked to quarantine for 2 weeks if they have not been wearing a mask. Any child who has been wearing a mask will be contacted and asked to conduct a self-screening before returning.
- If your child has tested positive for COVID, please let our staff know by emailing email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 513-777-4276.
- If the Lakota School District closes schools due to sickness, we will stop meeting and will begin meeting again when schools go back to meeting in person.
WHAT AWANA IS ABOUT
The T&T (Truth & Training) curriculum teaches kids the truth of God's Word, trains them to follow Him and practice His grace. In this 4 year curriculum series, kids will explore the fundamental doctrines of Christianity including:
• The character and nature of God
• The structure and sequence of the Bible
• The redemption narrative
• Key practices for followers of Jesus
By encouraging kids to engage in highly biblical and highly relational discipleship, T&T helps students to grow and develop as lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
Sparks® ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
To many children in kindergarten to second grade, Sparks is the highlight of the week! They love their red vests, the exciting games and spending time with leaders and friends.
Sparks is divided into three years, each with a unique rank: HangGlider®, WingRunner® and SkyStormer™. Each year, kids in Sparks:
• Explore the biographies of people of the Bible from a new portion of Scripture
• Memorize Bible verses
• Complete handbook activities
Creative learning activities encourage opportunities for parents to teach their child basic Bible truths at home. Weekly "Bear Hugs" include memory verses, Bible lessons and activities that teach basic truths about God, Jesus, sin, and salvation.